New Visa Guidelines for Canada

To implement the cap, as of January 22, 2024, every study permit application submitted to IRCC will also require an attestation letter from a province or territory. Provinces and territories are expected to establish a process for issuing attestation letters to students by no later than March 31, 2024.
Since 2015, the Canadian government has been using Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence. Express Entry is an electronic system that we use to select skilled workers for immigration to Canada.

The number of invitations to apply for permanent residence that is issued through Express Entry is based on the needs of Canada’s labor market. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) reviews the Express Entry pool of candidates every two weeks and issues invitations to those with the highest scores in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).

The CRS ranks candidates based on factors such as age, education, work experience, and whether they have a valid job offer.

The minimum score required to be invited to apply for permanent residence has varied over time. In January 2015, the first draw held under Express Entry, the minimum score was 450 points.

Since then, we have seen a steady increase in both the number of invitations issued and the minimum score required. For example, in January 2017, the invitation was sent to 3,884 candidates with a minimum CRS score of 413 points to apply for permanent residence.

In December 2017, 14,231 people were invited to apply with a minimum CRS score of 442 points – this was the largest number of invites ever issued in one draw. And most recently, in May 2018 invitation round of 2272 people was invited with 447 as their CRS score.

Economic class programs are the most common way for new permanent residents to immigrate to Canada. The majority of new permanent residents immigrate through economic class programs. There are three main economic class programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program: The Federal Skilled Worker Program is for people who have skilled work experience in a specific occupation. It would include occupations like Legislators, financial managers, architecture and science managers, school principals and administrators, etc.
Federal Skilled Trades Program: The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who have experience in a skilled trade. A person should have an experience of 2 years in a particular trade to apply for this program.
Canadian Experience Class: The Canadian Experience Class is for people who have work experience in Canada. A person should have experience of at least one year of working in Canada to apply for the job.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button